Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Shake It Up...

Okay, I've got an odd mix of music that I like and I thought I'd share it with you all. Although I'd say that most of you probably already know my tastes...

First, I must make a shout out to my favorite band....CHEAP TRICK!!! I love them to death. Don't ask me why. They are just great. Mandocello, I want you to want me, everything works if you let it...i could go on and on with my favorite cheap trick songs...





I also adore the Beatles. But it is hard not to, am I right? I won't even pretend to pick favorites with them. (Promise me you won't tell the Beatles that I like the Monkees too...)
I admire The Cars as well. For some reason, I really like all of their songs. I went through a phase where all I listened to was the Cars and now I have trouble picking one I like above the others. It isn't nice to pick favorites anyway. Seriously, look at these guys. They are everything that is coolness.

My father is to blame for my like of the Cars and Boston. Yes, Boston is one of my favorites as well.

Alright, Queen. I don't think I need to say anything about Queen. They are what they are. AWESOME.



Okay, I swear I listen to other stuff besides rock and roll boy bands. Oh wait, I forgot the Beach Boys...



ABBA is a guilty pleasure of mine. I know, I know. It is a bit weird but I can't help it. They are so addictively upbeat that I can't resist. I like Waterloo, S.O.S., Take a chance on me, and of course, Dancing queen, and Mamma Mia. Another guilty pleasure of mine...Carly Simon...


And there is Blondie. I also went through a Blondie stage but the affects were not that of the Cars. I have favorites. Heart of Glass, Rapture, Hanging on the Telephone, Atomic, and Call Me too.


And most recently, Billy Joel and REO Speedwagon. I like some country too. I very much like Taylor Swift.

Anywho,I did have a motive in posting this. I posted this in hopes that some of you out there might be able to suggest some new music that I might be interested in. I've been getting a bit bored with some of the stuff I have and have been searching for something new. So post a comment with any suggestions you may have or if you just want to throw out some of your favorites too!

3 comments:

MauritaMason said...

Just wanted you to know that I've always loved The Monkees.

Marchelle said...

i want to know why i didn't have you on my blog list?! can you answer that? LOL

but i must confess, on behalf of my husband and myself, we are both MAJOR queen fans, and we aren't ashamed of it one bit. i like your taste in music!!

elb said...

thanks!