Thursday, August 28, 2008

Cough, cough...

Ugh! I'm really sick of smokers! It is killing me (figuratively and literally). It seems like there is someone smoking around every corner I turn and outside every building I enter/exit. I really don't want to die from second hand smoke. Help me out!
Here is a lovely picture by van Gogh...



Anyway, I'm not sure exactly what van Gogh meant by this picture and it probably isn't relevant but I like to pretend that it is. Do you really still want to be smoking even after death?

I think it bothers me so much only because I had this naive thought floating around in my little town head that less and less people actually smoked any more. Apparently, I was wrong. Or perhaps, I never saw anyone in my town smoking because they were all away at college smoking?
Okay, okay. I am aware of how difficult it is to stop smoking but seriously! People that smoke aren't just hurting themselves. They are hurting everyone around them. So, if you smoke, please at least try to go somewhere where there are few to no people. Please!

Well, this is my last message to those that want to choke me to death:

2 comments:

countrygirl005 said...

They are trying to make a policy here at "Cambridge" where people can only smoke in designated areas. And I completely agree with you, I HATE being attacked by smoke, especially since I can barely breathe when I'm breathing clean air lol..

Mixxelle said...

I hate smoking also. It's just gross, and unnecessary! I understand why people have trouble stopping, but I don't understand why people start at all! There have been many times when I'm the only one in a room not smoking, and I don't in the least feel "uncool", quite the contrary if anything.
Hookah isn't as bad... hookah is to smoking cigarettes as drinking champagne at weddings is to being an alcoholic.

Et cetera and stuff!