Sunday, August 17, 2008

So, I just moved in...

UGH! I just moved into Harvard...j/k. Anyway, I have been moved in for about 18 hours now. I have been being anti-social! I've tried not to be! I promise! I tried talking to people. I made small talk to the point of near awkwardness...I guess I made some pretty solid aquintances atleast.
I suppose I haven't made any real friends because I've been sitting alone in my room talking to my family, friends, and boyfriend and not trying to talk to anyone here. I did leave my door wide open. The only people to venture in were my RAs.
Another problem: At the bash last night, I started off talking with my "floor friends" (I use friends loosely because I had only just met them) and ended up talking to my old high school friends of my friends. Pluh! That was my mistake. I should have waved at them and then continued on my merry way to potential friends.
Well, my roommate will arrive today so I am hoping that she will be in desperate need of a friend- like me.

Okay, Okay. I know I just made my first day/night here sound very tragically sad but it really wasn't all that bad. I plan on doing some activities today that will "put me out there". Surely, today I will meet someone that I'll like enough to consider as a friend.

Hey, feel free to leave some comments on this subject!

2 comments:

countrygirl005 said...

For one thing, "tryed" should be tried. (I thought you knew that)

And I know you will make new friends, just give it time and don't be afraid to talk to people, because you're all in the same boat.

Love you sister.

elb said...

oops...:(
Sorry.