Sunday, August 17, 2008

Am I alone out there?

Okay, here are my thoughts from the convocation today: "Wow, just how annoying and disrespectful are my peers? It really saddens me when I think about how different I am from them. I was somehow taught to show respect and be considerate of other people. How wrong my parents were."
I can't explain how delighted I was to see someone stand up and tell them to be quiet. I guess it was just nice seeing that I'm not really as alone as I thought I was. I thought I'd share that with everyone (or like the two people that read my blog). Don't you love it when God proves you wrong? I know I do.
This is semi-related to the convo. I don't think I've ever seen that many cell phones all at once. Nearly every single freshman had his/her cell phone out texting merrily while someone was trying to give a speech. Okay, it was probably only one third of the crowd...perhaps less...I should give my peers a break. This is the world they've grown up in. They know not what they do.

Okay, now on a different topic:

Wow, just as I was thinking that "Cambridge" wasn't so bad, I witness an especially sickening car crash. Well, by witness I mean that I heard the sickening sounds and saw the aftermath. Seriously, you would not believe the number of ambulances and police cars. And somewhere off in the distance a car's horn is going off...just to add to this pleasant scene.

Before that, I was admiring the campus and thinking that it was really not all that bad. "Cambridge" isn't really too awful. It has its good points. I think I enjoy the mix of the older buildings and the trees. I think that is what gets me about it. And that is why I can't quit staring out of my window. I guess I'm still a little awed by large buildings...

Ugh, now I smell a very icky smelling smell coming from my window...eww. Perhaps it is smell finally drifting towards me from the crash...or maybe it is the notorious smell of "Cambridge".

1 comment:

countrygirl005 said...

LOL I love you. I'm going to add you to my blog so people will check it out. I think they would like it too.