Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Don't knock it til you've tried it

Nearly every time I ask anyone if they watch The Office, they tell me that they think it is weird and not funny (well, only when they don't like it). I understand this. It is a situation comedy. You have to know the characters and the situations that they are in for it to be funny. So, before you make any judgements about it, you have to watch more than one episode. And I'd suggest starting from the beginning. Avoid starting with the newest season. It will not make sense.

Obviously, I am in love with The Office. It is amazingly funny. I can't help but die laughing every time I watch it. And I naturally want everyone in the world to feel the joy that I feel in watching the Office.

If you don't want to start from the beginning, I'd be willing to post a blog describing all of the characters and some important stuff that has happened on the show. I'll add pictures and everything! If two or three people leave comments requesting this, I will do it. (Are there even two people that read this?)If not, I will not force it on you.

I have a poll on my page asking how many people like/have watched The Office. Please answer! I'm curious.
Oh, and for those who are wondering...The Office is on every Thursday at 9 on NBC! Oh, and on Tuesdays on TBS at 10 there are older episodes!

3 comments:

countrygirl005 said...

I say it doesn't matter if people want you to describe the characters, I think you should do it anyway, because it will be great. I know Marchelle likes The Office, at least I think she does. I agree with every word and I think I've seen *almost* every episode...

Marchelle said...

your sis is correct, i too feel the joy that you feel when watching the office. i was a fan from the beginning, then got sucked into the black hole that is grey's anatomy, but eventually found my way out of that mess because i was sick of meredith's whiney "i've got daddy issues and can't commit" attitude, and last season's icky finale. (nothing against lesbians, i just can't stand erica hahn!!) ok! off topic much?

anyway, dwight. how can you not love dwight? of course i heart jim, and michael just completely makes the show. due to my little grey's stint, i would love for you to recap anything i might have missed!

elb said...

Okay, okay. I shall do it. It may take me awhile. Knowing me, I will be compelled to give every single detail. Perhaps, I should only discuss a couple of characters at a time?