Dwight Schrute is the Assistant (to the) Regional Manager. He wants to be Michael's right hand man. Dwight always wears a short sleeved button-up shirt of a mustard color and a tie. He is Dunder Mifflin's best salesman. He greatly dislikes Jim Halpert, who often plays pranks on him, and often asks for permission to fire him. Dwight always takes the responsibilities that Michael gives him and goes to the extreme with them. He seeks control over the other employees. At one point he even plots to take Micheal's job. I highly suggest reading the wikipedia article on Dwight Schrute. Especially the part about his family and childhood. It is very amusing and will give you some insight into all that is Dwight. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dwight_SchruteJim Halpert has played many great pranks on Dwight. Jim often puts Dwight's stapler in Jello. Here are some quotes:
[Jim put Dwight's wallet into the vending machine]
Dwight Schrute: Where's my wallet?
Jim Halpert: Oh there it is, 'J1'.
Dwight Schrute: I don't have any...
Jim Halpert: Here, have some nickels.
Dwight Schrute: [putting nickels into vending machine] 5, 10, 15, 20, 25...
Dwight Schrute: (After he didn't tip the sub man) Why tip someone for a job I'm capable of doing myself? I can deliver food. I can drive a taxi. I can, and do, cut my own hair. I did however, tip my urologist, because I am unable to pulverize my own kidney stones.
Dwight Schrute: And how big do you want this robot?Michael Scott: Lifesize.Dwight Schrute: Mmm no. Better make it two-thirds. Easier to stop if it turns on us.
In one episode Jim dresses up like Dwight:
Dwight's first reaction, once he realizes Jim is impersonating him, is to say "imitation is the sincerest form of flattery" and then as Jim places a bobble head on his desk (similar to the one Dwight has of himself) Dwight says " Identity theft is a crime, Jim! Identity theft hurts thousands of families every year!"
In the latest episodes, Dwight has been having an affair with Angela Martin who is currently engaged to Andy Bernard. Angela originally broke up her (secret) relationship with Dwight after he killed her aging and sickly cat, Sprinkles. Angela is an accountant at Dunder Mifflin. Angela could be described as being uptight, cold, and judgemental. She is very prim, proper, and modest. Her favorite song is the Little Drummer Boy.
Andy Bernard is the Regional Director in charge of sales. Andy is a graduate of Cornell and likes to brag about it. He enjoys making up nicknames for coworkers. In the earliest episodes that he was in he had anger management issues and was sent away for awhile. He returns to the office, requesting to be called "Drew" but everyone continues to call him Andy. Andy carried the ring he gave Angela around in his pocket for 6 years because as he says "you never know when you'll find the right girl". He is also a devoted member of an a Capella group. He brings his hobby of singing to work with him on several occasions.
As always, if I've left anything out or messed something up, let me know with a comment!
4 comments:
i really didn't know how much i have missed! this is great - now i won't ever have to buy it on DVD! haha
keep it up!
ps - i LOL'd at the tipping the urologist part... he is so not right....
Dwight is the man. I just ordered a sweet Dwight Schrute for President shirt from www.PantherTees.com. They have tons of stuff from The Office. They said not to tell anyone, but here is a 10% discount code, pts10 (it is case sensitive, so copy and paste it). Enjoy!
wow! thank you!
Funny stuff. I STILL have never watched this show. *cringes*
Post a Comment