Friday, October 31, 2008

Blackout

So, this blog is supposed to be about my college experiences, right? Yeah, I guess I went off on a The Office tangent and forgot that...oh, well. I'm back.

So, my roommate's phone kept going off every(what seemed to be) ten minutes or so for no apparent reason. That didn't bother me so much but because it was about 6:30 in the morning it kind of did. And then the power went out (didn't learn this until later) and my printer started to make queer noises (due to loss of power but I didn't know this cuz it was dark and I was trying to sleep). And then it came. The lovely fire alarm at 7 o'clock in the morning...I don't need to be up until 8. Only a lost hour, not really a big deal...Anyhow, fire alarm. Stand outside in the cold in your PJs. It's a fun time. Get back to my room, lights still out. Oh, did I forget to mention that I had to walk up 9 flights of stairs? early in the morning?

Oh, well. I'm not complaining. I used to wake up this early anyway, right? But that was back when I didn't stay up as late. And I really didn't mind the nine flights of stairs like I thought I would. I guess I'm in better shape than I thought(ha ha ha, yeah, right). The lights came back on in about a half hour, no fear! The many joys of campus life! Oh, my alarm clock just went off...

Oh, in a little twist of irony, My roommate and I saw a commercial telling us to unplug your phone chargers when you aren't using them. So, we were talking about preserving energy last night before we went to bed. We were talking about all of the energy we waste by keeping all of our things plugged in...and then what happens? The power goes out. Perhaps someone up there is trying to tell us something?

Unplug your plugger thingys if you aren't usin' em!!

Oh, and don't forget your key when you go out for the fire drill. I say this from observance not from my own experiences. Thank goodness!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ugh, I totally hate when the fire alarm goes off early in the morning...or late at night, for that matter. Haha.