Thursday, November 6, 2008

We didn't start the fire...

All of those fire drills finally paid off, folks! A girl on the top floor's cell phone charger sparked and caught a towel or something on fire. So,what does this mean? All the people in my building had the pleasure of standing out in the parking lot for two hours.

It kind of put a hold on my homework which I was quite studiously doing...kind of.

It also put a hold on one guy's shower time...he came out of the building in nothing but a towel. Only to find out that it wasn't the usually five minute drill...quite funny. And I'm quite glad that it wasn't me.

The moral of the story? Don't leave things plugged in or around flammable objects...and put your clothes on!

7 comments:

countrygirl005 said...

1) your dorm is NOT notorious for fires. This is the first actual fire that I've heard of since I've been here (for 3 1/2 years) The one next to it had a fire last year that was much larger than the one you had.

2) I heard that it was started in the bathroom from someone in one of my classes?

3) wearing nothin but a smile and a towel in a picture on the billboard on the big old highway (sorry.. the song popped into my head)

elb said...

uh...it was in my building...and one of my bffs lives on that floor and she said it was in the girl's room...I think I'm going to believe her. Sorry.
I really am sorry that I didn't have the facts right on my buildings history, though...I hear so much stuff I just assume its right...which I shouldn't do...oh, well...

Marchelle said...

i heard that this morning and thought of you two! glad you're safe!

countrygirl005 said...

well your BFF was right, i was just stating what I heard lol..

Thanks Marchelle.. although I'm glad I don't live in that building anymore :)

Anonymous said...

obviously the girl with the phone charger didn't read your previous blog about unplugging it!! If she had the whole situation could have been avoided, unless she was actually charging her phone at the time. Mother

Mixxelle said...

I have competition for BFFage? WHAT IS THIS?
anyway I'm glad you're safe... i guess... ; )

elb said...

I said ONE of my bffs! You are not competing! You are just one in a group of equals. Is that better? or worse?