So, this "nub" thing. It can be confusing. I had to figure out how to use it on my own. I will attempt to help you understand its mystical ways.
Step 1: This is what I have on my laptop. I can only assume this is how most others are...I'm not too familiar on other styles. This is my first one.

Here is some of my fancy labeling:
Step Two: I place my hand like so (notice placement of fingers on buttons):

Here is an aerial view just so I'm covering all the bases:

(and don't mind that string...it's from my camera)
Step 3:It is just like a mouse, I promise...only it doesn't move. Your finger does the movin'. Just simply place your finger on the "nub" and tilt your finger in the direction you want the pointer to go. Give her a try!
Step 4: Clicking. "Nubs" have "clicker thingys" just like a mouse. And you know how some mouses have the little wheel thingy you can use to scroll with? Well, "nubs" got 'em too! Only it transforms itself into a button. Here is a picture to tell you what is what:
***Oh, and a helpful tip to you! Make sure your hand is not resting on the touch pad...it may create problems. You may get confused as to why your pointer is going crazy...I know from experience.
Now, just go about your normal business and you are set to go. Use your "nub", point, click and be merry!
If you have any questions feel free to ask. And tell me if I wasn't clear on anything, please.
For more on "nubs" click here.
3 comments:
I don't like the nub as much as a touchpad, or a mouse for that matter, but I do love the rickroll.
I don't know. I'm in love with my mouse...
I HATE CHANGE! Take it away!
Liz, you crack me up, and I loved your nub tutorial. (I'm listening to relaxing sounds as we speak, btw).
My dad's laptop was a nub one, so I actually became aquanted with the nub system before the touch pad system! Which has actually been problematic for me, because most laptops are nubless and I have to cope with a touch pad. But usually I just use a normal mouse. After all, I haven't got my own laptop yet.
Post a Comment